The HKDSC provides quality debating and public speaking education, open to all secondary school students in Hong Kong.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read this section in its entirety.
Does HKDSC manage the teams representing Hong Kong at the World Schools’ Debating Championships (WSDC) and the World Individual Debating and Public Speaking Championships (WIDPSC) each year?
Yes. We now run the selection trials for both teams, and organize the training schedules for the students ultimately invited to participate.
Are you receptive to suggestions, or invitations to help run debating and public speaking related programmes?
Absolutely. The HKDSC is always on the lookout for ways to better nurture student talent. We welcome all suggestions and opportunities to collaborate. Please contact us through this link.
Can I publicize the existence of HKDSC and share it with people who I think would be interested?
Of course. As an ultimately community-led organisation, we hope as many people in the public speaking and debating circuits can join us as possible, to help sustain the activities we all cherish.
Board of Governors
- Chair: Mr. Abraham Chan SC (Temple Chambers)
- Mr. Harish Natarajan (University of Cambridge / Oxford, World Universities Debating Championships Chief Adjudicator)
- Mr. Brian Wong (University of Oxford, Rhodes Scholar, founder of Oxford Political Review)
- Mr. William Wong SC (Des Voeux Chambers, Rhodes Scholar)
Board of Executive Directors
- Ms. Joan Cho (Chair) (Diocesan Boys’ School, WIDPSC Head Coach)
- Ms. Lilian Chow (St. Paul’s Co-educational College)
- Mr. Stan Dyer (Coordinator, HKSSDC)
- Mr. Timothy Lo (University of Bristol, World Universities and European Universities Debating Championships Breaking Speaker)
- Ms. Winky Lo (Wah Yan College, Kowloon)
- Ms. Erica Lowe (St. Joseph’s Primary School)
- Mr. Angus Li (Williams College, Former Team Hong Kong WSDC)
- Mx. Xiao-ke Lu (Princeton University, Former Team Hong Kong WSDC)
- Ms. My Thanh Mac (Canadian International School, WIDPSC Coach)
- Mr. Leo Zen (Hong Kong International School)
2021: Established by a diverse group of debate and speech coaches and enthusiasts, with extensive experience in non-profit debate education across the world.