Job Title: Secretary, Hong Kong Debate and Speech Community
Reports To: Chairman, Board of Directors
Job Overview: You will be responsible for managing communications and publicity for the HKDSC’s competitions and other events; monitoring emails and social media pages, and providing ad-hoc assistance in other areas when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing sign-ups, draws and email communications with judges, speakers and coaches in the run-up and follow-up to 5-6 competitions throughout the academic year;
- Tracking payment information, handling receipts and invoices regarding registration fees;
- Writing and posting tournament updates for social media accounts and website;
- If possible, tabbing for certain tournaments when needed.
We are looking for a team member who has:
- Good understanding (and preferably at least some experience) of the debate and public speaking circuit in Hong Kong, including participation in or organization of tournaments
- A keen eye for detail
- Efficiency, self-motivation, enthusiasm and drive
- Good command of English, and ability to write in accessible language for social media
- Ability to navigate and manage online databases and information systems (e.g. Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook Suite, WordPress)
- Demonstrable commitment to meeting deadlines
- HKD$150 / hour
- A tentative cap of 40 hours per month
To apply, please fill out this application form: https://forms.gle/BqHD8HdJcUa8QbmY7
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 AUGUST 2022 11:59PM HKT.