The WIDPSC Hong Kong Team Trials 2023 was held earlier today, with more than 40 participants from 19 schools. Thank you again to all participants your enthusiastic participation. We are beyond excited to begin a new chapter with the new team members, and would like to extend our heartfelt congratulations to all competitors for their hard work over the past months! We hope that your time polishing speeches, choosing readings and preparing impromptus have been more than rewarding.
The new Hong Kong Team members are:
- Tingting Zhang (Chinese International School)
- Christine Lam (Hong Kong International School)
- Mark Jin-Kang Lee (Diocesan Boys’ School)
- Peony Sham (Harrow International School)
- Vijay Narayanan (Island School)
- Nandini Tatiwala (Hong Kong International School)
- Adele Li (Chinese International School)
- Lily Haylett (South Island School)
- Hilary Tam (Diocesan Girls’ School)
- Cynthia Huang (Hong Kong International School)
Reserve 1: Evan Chow (Diocesan Boys’ School)
Reserve 2: Eric Wu (Chinese International School)
We once again thank all judges and coaches who have given up their time selflessly and tirelessly such that this competition could be run smoothly and to such a high standard, to all the student helpers who helped us transition back to in-person competing so effectively, and Diocesan Boys’ School for lending us their school campus for the day. We are grateful for your kind cooperation with us throughout the competition process and hope it was gratifying for you all. These trials – and the continued success of public speaking in Hong Kong – could not be possible without you.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at our future events!